Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Random Thoughts

Forgive me for being late. Sometimes it is hard to think of what to write about because so many thoughts run through my head.

Middle East War

Why is it that the innocent are the ones that die when there is a war between political factions? Call it what you may, but it just isn’t fair in my book. Those that die have no say in the dispute yet, they pay the price.

Friendships

Speaking of price. Have you ever noticed that you have no friends when you are in need but they come out of the woodwork when you strike it rich? Get a really good job, hit the lottery, or come into an inheritance and everybody that didn’t seem to know you when you were without suddenly appears out of nowhere.

Cost of Living

Why is it that everything is increasing in price but a living wage? Gas, housing, cars, food, dry goods, utilities, you name it, cost so much more than just a few years ago. Have you examined your paycheck lately? It has not increased in more than three years. Tell me how people are to save any money?

Children

Lately I have noticed that children of today don’t care about common courtesy, respect, and authority. At first I said they didn’t care at all. Now I realize that they can’t practice what they haven’t been taught. So it’s back to the parents. Now I can see where the problem lies. They weren’t taught either.

Patience

We have all heard that patience is a virtue. So why is my patience running out when I am suppose to feel blessed? Could it be my menopausal state or I am just getting cranky with age? Either way, I am losing my patience with the world. All my life I have told people I was born 50 years too early or 50 years too late. Because I know, this isn’t my time period.

School

Isn’t it funny how here in America the politicos and the business crowd say we need to keep up with the rest of the world in education? So, why do we have to pay for it when it is low cost or free in other countries.

Just some passing thoughts running through my mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Easterbaby said...

Hey Sylvia,
I ma no where near fifty and I have a patience problem. So don't feel bad.

Love your thoughts! Happy writing!

Sherry

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home