Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Old Refrain, So Much Work, So Little Time

I know, I know, I have been away for a while. I admit, this blogging thing gets the best of me. I have so many thoughts on the happenings in this country and no time to express them. Each day as a self employed individual I am constantly looking for work in my field (freelance writer) and doing the work I already have in the field. If I am not doing that, I am doing school work. Did I tell you school started last month? If that isn’t enough, I have workshops to do which were commissioned some time ago. Am I making excuses? No. Just letting you know, time is of the essence for me. There are only so many minutes in a day.

While I am completing the above mentioned tasks, I watch the news and hear the going ons around the country. I also listen to a particular radio station while on the road which gets me riled. Either way it goes, I just don’t seem to have time to blog. And people wonder why I say I need a wife.

Now before you go thinking I am gay, the answer to your question is, no I am not. The reason I say I need a wife is because of old traditional “wifey” roles. I need a wife because I need someone to do my housework, run my errands, do all the house shopping (groceries/dry goods), get the oil changes done, pay the bills, search for jobs, do my PR work, etc. If I had a wife then I could finish the 2nd edition of my book The Write Life, write a daily blog, do my homework, go to more writer events, attend writing children’s book workshops, get out for entertainment/relaxation more, read my daily devotionals, etc. You see where I’m going with this?

I am only one person who lives alone with little outside contact most of the time. So I have to prioritize the things I have to get done and sorry to say, the blog is not at the top of the list. Trust me when I tell you grad school is nothing like undergrad and writing books take a lot of time. Don’t let me leave out the running around with the high cost of gas here in Michigan. It is at the top of the list around the country. What is entertainment/relaxation? Oh how I wish I could remember.

All of this is what I have to do by myself and then some. Did I tell you I don’t work on Sundays? I spend that time with the Lord and my mother. So there you have it. If you don’t hear from me for a while, it’s because I am just too busy. Most likely looking for a wife.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sylvia, I really don't know how you manage to get all that you do, done. Keep up the good work. Your workshop was very informational and I recommend anyone interested in writing to take it. Your blog is also very impressive. I'll continue to check it out and will pass it along to other fledgling writers. Mike

9:11 AM  
Blogger Sylvia McClain said...

Michael,

Thank you so much for letting me know that I did what I was hired to do with the workshp. Also, for visiting my blog. Glad to know I was of some help to you with your upcoming story writing. Will be looking forward to seeing them on the shelves.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home