Monday, August 13, 2007

Random thoughts from me, the freelance artist

As I took part in an anthology of the Detroit Riots of 1967, it has turned out to be a very successful venture for the publisher Heather Buchanan and the contributors. Borders, one of the leading bookstore chains has set up on their own three additional book signings after we did one at the store on Mercury in Dearborn, MI. It brought many people interested and aspiring writers to it and each bought the book and signed up for more information on writing from me, Heather and our editor Sharon Stanford. If you would like to know why this book stirred up so much interest, visit aquariuspressbookseller. The name of the book is Eyes On Fire: Witnesses to the Detroit Riot of 1967.

I recently moved to a new abode and found out that I don’t like moving. I not only moved but I downsized too. When you live somewhere for over 13 years, you collect a lot of stuff. In a much smaller space you cannot accommodate all you have. Before I moved I held three yard sales and gave away things but, guess what, I still needed to use my storage unit with Public Storage. In moving, one thing I learned is, get rid of what isn’t absolutely necessary to survive. Otherwise you will end up with more than you know what to do with or where to place it in your new home. The next time I have to move I know I will give an estate sale. In other words, I will sell everything I own at the time. It doesn’t pay to become attached to material things. It can all be replaced.

I have recently gotten a new computer for a gift and it came with the new Windows Vista system. Loaded with tons of new security measures, it has not been a picnic getting patches for software programs I already have. Vista is a totally new version of Windows and it will take patience and fortitude to make any adjustments. Having had it now for about a month and a half, I am still learning new procedures with it and finding out that not many others out in cyberspace know any more than me. Here is the kicker, it doesn’t matter what type of computer you buy, they all come installed with Vista. You are going to be converted, like it or not. So get ready everyone will soon be using the Windows Vista system. Even the software companies have already changed their software to be compatible with it. Very soon no software support will be available for any old versions of windows or any software. My advice? Get your mind set on making a lot of changes with your computer because it apparently is the way things will be in the future. Just thought I’d let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home