Monday, July 16, 2007

Off to Work We Go. Just a Pasing Thought

Here is my question. Who in their right mind really wants to work? No one on this earth, male or female, wants to go to work. What they really want to do is live doing what they love to do and get paid for it.

This past week, TV news programs talked about women facing the issue of being working parents. It’s the old “mommy track” being discussed all over again. Women are not the only parents that have to work. There are single fathers and divorced parents. Do you think they want to leave their children each day as they head off to work? I doubt it.

Let me go back to what I said at the beginning of this dialogue. No one wants to work to survive. Everyone wants to love doing what would be called work. If each individual could choose what they did for pay, the amount of time consumed, the location, everyone would get up in the morning charging forward. No complaints, no delays, no abstinence.

I know if it was guaranteed that as a writer I could sit home each day expressing my thoughts to be printed and get paid, do you think I wouldn’t go to work each day? Not only would I get up running to my computer, I most likely would write more positive and motivational pieces. Why? Because I would be one happy individual, going to work doing what I love to do.

Now ask yourself this question. Would you love going to work if you could do what you love doing? I bet the answer is yes. Would you regret going to work? I bet the answer to this one is no. I also bet if you asked a few mothers and fathers. Their answers would be the same. It’s that simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home