Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Blog, Blog, Blog

Ok, so I’m having a hard time keeping this blog thing going on a regular basis. I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m busy and here’s why.

I go to Bible class once a week and church service on Sunday. Not including any other service I can give to my church. I teach Red Cross classes two days a week. I attend class for a master degree two nights a week. I have to write a column weekly for the university newspaper. Starting this year I promised myself to read and review a book for Myshelf.com monthly.

In the mean time I must promote and market three upcoming workshops and two book expos that I take part in at two libraries. They are all in the next four weeks. I am currently putting together a tips book for writers and two new books. By the way, as a freelance writer, I must still look for work.

By the way, did I tell you I am in the process of moving in two and a half months? As a single woman living alone and part of the over 50 crowd, I’m downsizing. I am going from a house to an apartment. This means I must get rid of a lot of stuff. Believe me when I tell you, after thirteen years in one abode, you collect a lot. So I have to sell, donate, and possibly store more than I could even imagine.

Blogging, I really don’t have time. What I really need is a vacation but I don’t have time for that either. And not to leave out what we all call a balanced life, I am trying to work in entertainment and exercise to stay healthy and live a long life.

Now you tell me how a woman alone is to do all this while cooking, cleaning, and washing. As much as I her and read about other s on blogging, I do notice one thing, they have help, something I don’t. I have no male companion and no close friends to offer help. I know you say, what about my spiritual friends? Well, the focus there is on increasing my spirituality, not on Sylvia’s writing profession.

So, let’s go back to the beginning. If you have nay suggestions on how I can continue doing all that I have mentioned, alone mind you, and still use blogging to my advantage, I am all ears. But remember whatever you suggest, make sure you show me where to include it since I do have to eat and sleep too.

Check out more about me at Scribal Press
and my books at the books page Books

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home