Monday, April 03, 2006

Guest Workers, Hell No!

Now Bush has lost his mind. Give illegal immigrants a pass to stay here in the U.S. What about all the workers we already have who are unemployed? What about all the legal immigrants that took the high road and did everything the right way to come and stay here? Don’t these people count?

I read Thomas Sowell’s column in the paper today. Something he said took a hold on me and I have to say that I agree with him on it. Now I don’t normally feel the same way he does about the matters of the U.S. But this time I stand with him and support his philosophy. Here goes. He says Bush is only attempting to enforce the law on one hand and not on the other to secure the Hispanic vote. In other words, forgive illegal immigrants for breaking the law but never, ever, forgive murderers and bank robbers.

Now I know you are saying they are totally different. Not really. They all have to do with breaking the law, and the law is the law. As I said last week, the country is working their butts off to stop terrorists from coming in the country but not illegal immigrants, half a dozen of one or none of the other. Either way something stinks to me. I personally don’t want anyone here in this country that has not filled the bill to gain entry.

There is plenty of talk about the work involved with illegal immigrants. It is said we don’t do the work they will do for less pay. Did everyone forget they get paid a minimum wage and so do a lot of American citizens? What type of work doesn’t matter. Low paying jobs are not just limited to illegal immigrants. Ask any downsized worker who had to take whatever job they could find with less pay and no benefits.

Now Bush wants us to say it is ok to forgive and forget. I don’t think so. I would bet that those who lost good paying jobs would feel the same way too. The reasons being the jobs the illegal immigrants are taking are the same ones Americans have to look for now. The good old days are long gone. With the outsourcing of jobs and health benefits denied, the last thing I need to worry about is someone else taking my job who doesn’t even have the right to be here. Sending the illegal back home is not only the right thing to do. It is the only sensible thing to do. Our country is in dire straits with the unemployment rate high as hell here in Michigan. Whatever jobs are available now are needed by those who were born here. Any extra help is not only unwanted, but it is unneeded. Check the stats again.

Bush, all I can say is, thank God there is a term limited on the presidency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home