Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Another Day, Another Dollar

That is how I feel today. It’s how I have felt for the last week. Find those dollars, make that money. As part of my promises to myself this year, I am to work harder at promoting me and my writing. Believe me when I tell you. It ain’t easy.

I have for this past week been turning my ideas into articles, searching the web, books, and newsletters for writing markets. I have been putting together workshop proposals and talking with everyone and anyone for contacts. Whew! I have been busy. It might be why I forgot to write my blog for the week. Didn’t you notice I’m three days behind?

I don’t know if being behind in blogging is a good thing or a bad thing. I do know one thing. I haven’t a clue how others blog morning, noon, and night on theirs. Don’t they do any work? If my plans pan out and I get more work than I ever had before, will I remember to blog weekly? Who knows?

Anyway, I recall that on Saturday, I had taken a stance on something. Whatever it was, I had intended to blog the subject matter. Guess what? I forgot what it was. That may have something to do with me and menopause. But that’s another topic. Better yet, go to www.strutmag.com and read my essay "Old is New Again" to explain why it might be the menopause I’m going through. If that doesn’t explain it, I don’t know what will.

Back to blogging. This is what I will promise you. After today, I will mark my calendar to include my weekly blog as part of my writing promotion. Besides, I know there is an advantage to doing it at least weekly. I stay brushed up on my ideas going to print and it still allows me to vent on whatever I feel like venting on. Why? Because it belongs to me and me only. It’s mine, mine, mine! Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot I was being read.

Well, I have to go now. My muse awaits me. It’s back to turning my ideas into articles, and searching the web, books, and newsletters for writing markets. I have got to find those dollars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home