Friday, July 15, 2005

Leave Our Police Force Alone

I am a Detroiter. I was raised in this city and lived in it off and on, more on than off, for 52 years. My love for Detroit swings high and low but it is and always will be my town. Contrary to popular belief, Detroit and its people are of good stock. We made be adamant about view points, unwilling to change much but, when we say we like you, we really like you. Based on moral and ethical convictions we stand by what we believe.

Now here is what I personally believe. If this city lays off any police and fireman, the city will go to hell in a hand basket. With unemployment high enough to float a balloon into space, with terrorist on the loose, children suffering at the hands of molesters, drugs and prostitution still rampant, and neighborhoods spiraling downward, we cannot afford to live without the only protection we have, police and fireman. Has anybody thought about criminals having heard of these layoffs? If it looks as if business for the law has been slow, it is because all criminals have to do is wait, wait for the day the numbers of firemen and police are down and go to work. Knowing that there would not be enough working to stop them from going hog wild all over the city.

If the city administration can't find money to keep the services going, I say the city administration should have the decency to quit. Running this city and any other metropolis is like running a business, if the man upstairs can't do his job, the owners (shareholders) can say hit the road jack! When a top dog is hired to run a business, and running this city is running a business, to make it profitable, he is to be dismissed. I am sorry but I don't like my money wasted in any form or fashion. As a major stock holder of the business of Detroit, I am looking like any other stockholder, for a return on my money.

So for all those who are listening, if you downsize my investment in the way of police and firemen and expect me to sit still and be quiet, I will see you at the next stockholders meeting (election). I will not stand still watching the city of Detroit get ready for all hell to break loose. If you really want me to be happy, cut the red tape and do what you got to do. Let go of all the department heads, mangers, CPAs, and anybody else you find has not done what they have been hired to do, a damm good job. Like that old saying which applies to any business in this country, if you can't do the work, get out of the kitchen.

Yes, my view point is biased. My son, who fought for four years to dedicate his life to helping and protecting others who don't know him or really give a hoot about him, is going to be layed off and I don't like it. This pisses me off royally. But, it just my point of view and you can take it like you want, then ask me if I care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home